top of page


What sort of intruder alarm do I need ?

This is a question that we get asked a lot and one that only you can answer. The first thing you should do is check with your insurance company to see if they have any requirements you need to adhere to for insurance purposes. They may specify the minimum alarm system and monitoring you require for insurance, however if they don’t here are your options.

Audible only Intruder alarm system

This type of system does not offer any monitoring and does as it says with audible noise only on activation. However, this is often enough to scare away an intruder and externally there isn’t any indication as to whether your system is monitored or not. These intruder systems can be wired or wireless and are quick and easy to install at a relatively low cost. The option to add police and keyholder monitoring and smartcom unit for self monitoring at a later date is always there so it gives you scope to change your mind.

Monitored Intruder alarm system

A security system that is monitored 24/7 provides round the clock protection of your home or business premises that simply cannot be matched by a ‘audible only’ system. This alarm system is monitored via our nominated NSI / SSAIB accredited Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) based in the uk.

Having your alarm monitored 24/7 means if your intruder alarm is activated the ARC is notified and will take the appropriate action, i.e. calling the designated key holders or the police if you have signed up for police response. Your system can be monitored via Csl DigiAir, Dualcom and BT RedCare. These systems can be wired or wireless and are quick and easy to install at a relatively low cost price.

Police response alarm systems

As an are a Security Systems & Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB) accredited company we are authorised to offer a police response on all our intruder alarms. If you instruct us we will obtain a Unique Reference Number which allows you to have a police response to your intruder alarm.


bottom of page